Child Welfare

Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility. If you are worried about a child it is important that you report your concerns – no action is not an option.

1. If you are worried about a child then you need to report your concerns to our Club Welfare Officers, Louise Hake and Will Smith via email:

2. If the issue is one of poor practice she will either:

  • Deal with the matter herself or
  • Seek advice from the County FA Welfare Officer

3. If the concern is more serious – possible child abuse – please contact the County FA Welfare Officer first, her name is Jackie Newing on 020 8733 2613, then immediately contact the Police or Children’s Services

4. If the child needs immediate medical treatment take them to a hospital or call an ambulance and tell them this is a child protection concern. Let our Club Welfare Officer know what action you have taken

5. If at any time you are not able to contact our Club Welfare Officer or the matter is serious then you can either:

Contact our County FA Welfare Officer directly: Jackie Newing on 020 8733 2613
Call The FA/NSPCC 24 hour Helpline for advice on 0808 800 5000
Contact the Police or Children’s Services

Please see our Safe-guarding Children policy for more information about how the club manages welfare.

You can also